The coronavirus has caused fear in many people. Let’s be honest There have been difficult times. We had to stay home and practice social distancing. When we go to the supermarket, many of us wear masks, gloves, and apply hand sanitizer. It is a strange and unfamiliar sight. This pandemic took everyone by surprise, including us in the Dental Zone.
Because of all that has happened, we fully understand if you are worried about your dentist appointments. Read on to learn how we work hard to minimize risk and reduce the spread of infections in our practice.
We have always followed the strictest sterilization methods to ensure the safety of you, your family, and our team. We take this responsibility very seriously. We will continue to do all of this and more.
Steps we take to keep you safe in the dental office
These are some of the other things we do every day to help you relax and feel good when you walk into our office.
- Effective hand hygiene. All members of our team wash their hands several times an hour using careful and appropriate techniques.
- Routine sterilization. We clean and disinfect all surrounding surfaces such as X-ray machines, light switches, floors, walls, and sinks. We also make sure that there is enough time between appointments to thoroughly and methodically disinfect the operating theaters without rushing.
- We wear personal protective equipment (PPE) which includes gloves, masks, eyewear, face shields, and coats.
- Team members must take sick leave. Anyone showing symptoms of a contagious disease should rest and relax at home before returning to work. We even take our temperatures and test for COVID-19 when we go to work in the morning.
- The patient’s state of health is assessed in advance over the phone. We’ll postpone your dentist appointment if you have any signs or symptoms of respiratory disease (or any other contagious disease). Symptoms can include cough, fever, and shortness of breath.
- We practice social distancing. We carefully move patients around our practice so that patients stay at least six feet apart and do not cross the hallway or main office. This can lead to delays. We usually pride ourselves on the fact that all of our patients are on time. Please understand us and any delays during this time.
If you have any questions about returning to our office, please reconsider your decision. You may have a significant oral health problem and not know it. We can spot the problem early on. And the sooner we step in and perform treatment, the better the result and the less time you are likely to spend in the dental chair.
If you have any questions about our improved metrics, please don’t hesitate to give us a call. We’ll come back to you. We want you to feel just as comfortable in our practice as we do.
We thank you for your patience, your cooperation, and your continued support. Your trust in us means a lot.
Wishing you all the best, in and out of your mouth,
Dr. Suman Reddy